In May 2016 our family set three goals to help us get outside more often. You can read about Our Year
When our project was over in 2017 we still went outside to play most days and spent many more hours outdoors than we would have before. But I did miss having goals, having something to work towards.
In the last few weeks, a few of you have shared your ideas of how you are going to get out more in 2018. And you have inspired me. So here are my New Year's resolutions…
1. Play outside every day. This year I am not going to make my kids go out for three hours each day, but I do want to make sure we still head out daily.
2. Spend one day in the mountains or at the beach each month.
3. Spend one week, sleeping under the stars.
4. Become self-sufficient in green things. I want to learn how to grow a consistent source of spinach and salad greens for my little family. I would also love to give growing sprouts a go with the kids. Have you ever tried it?
5. Shop the seasons. You loved this post about how we shop outside. So, this year I am going to keep working on eating seasonally and hopefully share some of my favourite easy kid-friendly and affordable farmers market recipes.
Ok, there are my five goals for 2018. Now it’s your turn. Some of you have already shared your plans, which I have loved reading. If you haven't yet, let me know what your goals are. I will be sharing some of your ideas in the next few weeks. Here’s to a bright and green 2018.
Want more stories of getting outside with kids? Have a look HERE.